Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chapter 19- The Chase

Dear (insert male name),
Here's the deal. I don't do the chasing. I won't text you first. I am not going to initiate the dates, wait for you to call, plan the study groups, or invite you over to get to know me better. I don't want to be another girl. I don't want to be another girl's number in your phone. I don't want to WANT to be the exception. I'm not going to work for this unless you are. I don't play this game.
I deserve a guy that wants to make just me smile. I deserve someone that looks forward to seeing me and puts me on the top of his list. I need a guy that has a mind of his own and doesn't tell me what he thinks I want to hear. I want to be surprised. I want to wake up to good morning texts that I never asked for. I am worth that. I'm worth a guy only thinking of me when we are together.
Don't tell me about other girls. Don't tell me how great that girl in your other class looked today, even if you weren't interested. I am not interested in hearing about your booty calls or how many girls you've kissed. Please spare me the details about what he did with the girl you spent time with after I went home. In case you were wondering, it doesn't make me feel special. I'm not jealous; I just don't care. If you want this, you make it happen. Maybe I'm selfish for wanting your sole attention, but I have heard boys talk about other girls and I know what it sounds like when someone is dedicated. You could try that if you wanted. I deserve to be someone's number one.


Love,
Camille

2 comments: