Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chapter 66- Mi amiga

Although my sister hacked my blog (grr) or maybe I left it open on my computer (dumb) NEVERTHELESS, everything she said is true... especially the part about her smelling cool.
Also, she's going on a mission.
When she first told me that she was going to serve the Lord for 18 months as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I was heartbroken. She and I are very very, and let me emphasize that, VERY different people but I just love her. My mom says that she wishes she could have stuck us in a bag together when we were little and shaken us up so that we wouldn't be so opposite, but come on, that's what makes things exciting! Whereas I'm disorganized and crazy, Amanda is a tip top perfectionist who's completely in touch with her emotions. It makes things difficult at times to say the least, but I love her more often than I don't (that's a joke, I always love her) and even though we drive each other crazy we're crazy for each other.
Now I am SO ecstatic for her to serve! She quite possibly has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen and she lets that light shine to everyone. Amanda is so sensitive to the Spirit! Starting on July 5th, she will be sharing herself, yes not just her testimony but her whole person, with the people of Lubbock, Texas. They had better count their lucky stars because she's going to be sorely missed. Sorely. Missed. As in, I'm probably just going to run around punching people whenever I'm feeling sad without her and then they are going to be sore because she's missed. Get it? Anyway, it's going to be a long, but wonderful eighteen months without her and I really do just love this insane woman.
LOOK! we match

I'm definitely wearing her clothes in this picture. She's the best. 

She left to China for four months my senior year of high school.
When she told me she was going on a mission I said, "You can't!
You already went to China." Come to find out, that doesn't actually
count. Now she's going to have a real adventure in the heat of Texas.
Yuck. I'd take rice and chopsticks any day over that. 
pretend my hair isn't nasty nast- it had been a long day

In different Houses, yet still friends. Isn't that nice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment