Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bloody sheets


Gross. That is probably the worst title ever, but it caught your interest, right? Okay, maybe not, but I assure you this post isn't about anything personal, inappropriate, or otherwise socially toxic. Instead it's really quiet comical all that went down. Here I was trying to salvage my room from the remodel beast with an equally scary side of college leftovers and my nieces were quietly playing some not-so-quiet game of Dora the Explorer on my computer. Great. They were minding their own, I was reminiscing the good old days when I looked like a ten year old boy and BAM my spidey senses started tingling. I looked up just in time to see my niece Avery's nose start bleeding like a garden hose. Fantastic, I've dealt with bloody noses before so I really wasn't worried except, that hose was watering down my sheets--- down to the mattress cover... Amused, rather than annoyed (I really needed to wash my sheets anyway) I said to her, "Avery, you're nose is bleeding." Bad idea, Cami. She looks at me in horror and wipes her nose with enough vigor to send a splattering of blood (is that an actual phrase or did I make that up?) over not just her, but my computer, and pillows. She's so cute and yet so destructive! After rushing to the bathroom and dealing with the hysteria, we both were feeling much better and she told me she needed to go upstairs to talk to her daddy. I told her to go, but she said that her mommy always says, "Here, take my hand." She's very particular about going upstairs I guess. So, I did as she instructed me and we went to tell her daddy all about it. He of course asked her if I had punched her in the nose and she looked at him and said, "No, Daddy! That would be so silly." 

Yeah, I have a good feeling about this one. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment