Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creeper McCreeperton

You know me. I seem like a happy, loud, outgoing girl, but this is all just a facade. Underneath the ginger hair and pearly brights lies a dark and unknown being. Dwelling in a realm of unexpected nerdiness and uncouth determination that not even I want to admit to. I'm a creeper. I confess.
Example-
Last week I journeyed with some friends to see the magnificence that is the Lights on Temple Square. Jolly good time we had but nothing could surpass the laughing that took place after I made an absolute, you guessed it, creeper out of myself. We were driving a long singing to some Disney tunes when I looked out the window at the guy driving beside us. Usually when eye contact is made one looks away as to squash any question of whether or not they had been checking the other person out. Not I. When this gent looked my way, I waved. That's right folks, I gave the old chap a open mouthed smile and waved my hand back in forth in youthful excitement. I'm. A. Creeper. To my good fortune he was a good enough sport to laugh and wave back and I was saved from any further embarrassment. What a laugh we had at that, especially when we saw that he was in Law Enforcement. Good thing I got off without even a warning.

My creeper skills are so unparalleled and coupled with my keen ability to be awkward no matter the situation there are few that match my level of creepitude. In fact, I googled creeper just to make sure my face didn't pop up. Surprisingly, I'm still undiscovered. I did find this little gem though.

How would you like to have your obviously extremely disconcerting obsession be listed under the creeper category? just sayin'.

There is a blessed website called UrbanDictionary that I frequently check out to stay in the loop with popular slangage. Out of the 3 definitions of Creeper given, I am guilty of 2.
  1. A person who does weird things, like stares at you while you sleep, or looks at you for hours through a window. usually a close friend or relative. you know right away if that person is a creeper or does creeper things. it is not hard to spot the creeper.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   How many of us just thought of She's the Man. If you haven't had the opportunity to watch the film, I'm sure you can find it at your local Redbox.
  2. Someone who views your profile (multiple times) without saying anything.
So if you ever need to find someone on Facebook give me a ring, I'm sure I can help you out. It's not like I just Facebook stalked some kids for, oh you know, an hour. I have no life. I am a creeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment