Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Two Tuesday Teasers

It just so happens that today has been a little slower today at work (knock on wood) and I have had a few moments where my brain was able to come up with a few enigmas. I'm in charge of writing down the color of the new cars we get in, among other responsibilities and it hit me-
 Hey- Why are there two spellings for gray or grey or.... AH you see my problem?
Is one more politically correct?
As an American am I supposed to have a patriotic preference for one opposed to the other?

and while we are comparing things:

What makes one orange peel thicker than its neighbor's?
Does it have to do with the amount of sunlight, water, etc?
Is it simply the luck of the draw?
DOES IT EVEN MATTER? 

I really just don't even know anymore...

2 comments:

  1. So my english teacher was always telling us to spell it gray, unless your from england your suppose to spell it grey.... I don't really know if he's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey woman. i have bee working to update my bloggie
    http://justagirlwithacurl.blogspot.com/
    go there. look at my conference artwork and tell me whatcha think.

    Remember how gum tastes like the color grey/gray when it's old? Is this relevant?

    Plus I miss you. I am leaving the comfort of, well, normal everyday living... in a HOUSE... to go camp in the wilderness and probably die. Wish me luck kido

    ReplyDelete