Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bangin-

Remember when you were five and your mom gave you that awful haircut with the bangs that started at the middle of your head and ended an inch above your eyebrow? We've all been there. As much fun as those baby's were, there came a time in every little girl's life where they grew out their hair and became decidedly more grown up. I never reached that time. Mind you, there was a brief space of time in 7th grade where I decided doing my hair all together would be far too demanding and I slowly grew to resemble Shaun White. Thankfully fate stepped in and ended the au naturale phase, a shame really. With a few swift strokes of the scissors, I found myself with a new hairdo and attitude, both of which were a bit fiesty. At that point I started over. I got sweepy side bangs that I stuck with until my Gilmore Girls phase. I think the wispy, straight across bangs lasted a week. Old habits die hard, I guess.For a year or so I was content with my sweepy bangs. They were unique to me and I had taught them to obey, but college was fast approaching and I needed a change. I had been growing my hair out since the time I chopped in seventh grade so I didn't want to cut it again. Thus, the Zooey Deschanel bangs were born.




They were unique. They were indie. They were AWFUL. My bangs suddenly became impossibly thick. For the first time in my life the straightener and my forehead came into contact and it wasn't a happy meeting. I knew I needed to make a change. I knew that the bangs weren't working, but I so did not want to grow them out and endure months of being hidden behind a veil of bangage. Unfortunately, the worst has happened.
Even Batman doesn't know how to help.






Advice anyone?








2 comments:

  1. hahah! I think anyone who has ever in their entire life had bangs can totally relate. My bangs have been the good, the bad, and the ugly so many times. Wish I could help with your dilemma. I'm currently experiencing one myself and don't know how to get out of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can actually probably layer them with a razor and get them back to being more side sweepy if you'd rather :]

    ReplyDelete