Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chapter 28- Moments

Tonight as I sat in a dimly lit auditorium with people elegantly dressed and attentively listening to symphonies shortened rendition of The Nutcracker I couldn't help but feel lost in the moment. My mind was reeling. The boy to my right was humming along off key and the guy to my right was my date. There are few things in life that I enjoy less than first dates. He is really cute; so fun, so awesome and I was eager to please. At this moment in time, I considered how everything was going. I was trying to remain calm despite the excitement that bubbled inside of me at the Christmas tunes that had resonated throughout the air and the warmth of the season that radiated from every corner. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him how incredible the singers were and how beautiful the music was, but I was afraid. I was in a deep conversation with myself.

I took a step back.

I let the music guide my thoughts.

I pondered.

The beauty of life is this: Life is but a sequence of moments. Some moments are fun and good and smart. Some moments are dumb. Some moments are awkward and bad and difficult, but every moment of our lives comes together to form stepping stones of the our futures.

Every experience we have is for growth and development no matter how awful or seemingly unimportant. Every moment shapes who we are and who we are be. That's why we have moments. Moments make us us.

No comments:

Post a Comment