Sunday, November 21, 2010

Monday Night Crush

The Introduction
I am not, nor have I ever been, boy crazy. I made it all the way through high school without holding anyone's hand, cuddling, having a relationship, or heaven forbid kissing and not because I didn't have the chance. Maybe I'm picky, but most guys just don't do it for me. College, I was not prepared for your vast scenery of good looking men. Holy smokes. Sometimes I will walk across campus and sing, "Hallejulah, it's raining men!" in my head after seeing my fifth stallion that day. It really is a little overwhelming for this girl. Not that I'm pursuing anyone, but let's hand it to BYU-I for providing so many options.
The Story
Every Monday night I get together with some other apartments to play games, eat food, and otherwise make fools of ourselves. It provides the perfect opportunity to spend time with people that I usually don't or wouldn't get to socialize with and therefore provided the perfect backdrop for this story's unusual events. Once a week I was meeting up and flirting shamelessly with this guy, no no, this man that for lack of a better description is tall, dark, and handsome. I always said I'd go for someone like that. I've been diagnosed with this disease that leaves me crushing on short, blonde soccer players, though, so this intoxication was surely not expected. This guy was mysterious and intriquing. Every conversation left me smitten and yet unsure and every Tuesday morning I would feel nothing for him. I even tried to convince myself to like him, taking it so far as to creepily facebook stalk him, but alas, the feelings were dimished with every REM cycle I entered.
That is how things used to be. Now, my Monday Night Crush has turned into a Tuesday Morning Crush, Wednesday Afternoon Crush, Thursday Math Class Crush, Friday Evening Crush, Saturday Brunch Crush, and Sunday ALL DAY Crush. How did this happen? More importantly what on earth do I do about it? He is incredibly witty and don't get me started on his hair. I've discovered I have huge thing for hair and he is a top contender for perfectly coifed manes. This girl has a serious case of the likes.
The Conclusion
For better or for worse, I want to know this gent better. He is way to hilarious for me to just miss out on, so I will try for friendship, because let's be honest I am not looking for a boy toy.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment